I’m often asked about personal experiences I’ve had or witnessed since owning the doll since owning the doll in 2004. I thought I’d list just a few of them –
1. The first psychic to read the doll after I received him told me that Harold said he was going to kill her, and that she felt he has a hold on her heart. I was recording the session and heard an EVP in which a male voice said, “I’m going to kill you… you bitch!”
2. Another woman told me, “I don’t think there’s anything to Harold,” as she sat next to the doll. A few minutes later, she screamed out in pain. On her right side, the same side the doll was sitting next to her, from her stomach to the middle of her back, was a long red gash.
3. While my friend Diane and I were listening to a recording of a reading Tarot card reading she did on Harold, she was bitten on her right hand between her thumb and forefinger. I checked, and there were actual indentations. I measured the “bite,” and held the markings up to the doll’s PAINTED ON TEETH, and they matched EXACTLY.
Later, the area below her left eye was swollen as though she’d been punched by a small fist. The swelling matched the doll’s hand size.
4. A friend of mine came by my home. We had plans to go out to lunch. She told me later that when she pulled up, as soon as she got out of her car she felt as though she were in “danger.” When I didn’t answer her knock she walked in and found the doll sitting at the kitchen table where I left him earlier.
She tried to run out of my home when she felt as though she were “stopped” from leaving. She started screaming for me. I found her plastered against the wall next to the front door, sobbing, and terrified.
5. I took the doll to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park with me. A man who said he was from Manhattan, New York, told me that he didn’t believe in the paranormal. A few minutes later he asked me what was the story with the doll saying “that damned doll wanted to kill me!”
6. Last year, in 2013, when I took the doll out of storage I was talking to my friend Camille about Harold beforehand, and my plans for him. She told me that she thought what I was thinking was a good idea. Later a thought came to me, “She had better stay away from me.”
I called Camille later and asked her how she was doing. She told me that she was sick with hot and cold spells. When I asked her how long she hadn’t been feeling well, she said it started shortly after our phone call.
I splashed holy water on the doll, telling him that he’s never to attack someone I love ever again. A few minutes later I heard, “Okay… she’s alright now.” I immediately called Camille who told me that she was feeling better!
7. A woman in Long Island, New York, was making fun of the spirit in the doll despite my warnings not to do so. Later that day she messaged me to say that that things were falling off of her wall, and flying through the air. She also said that her 160 lbs. Bull Mastiff went to investigate and yelp “as though something tried to kill him.” The dog laid down at her feet, trembling, with it’s tail between it’s legs, and it’s ears laid back. Wherever she went, he followed her, trembling.
“I tried to warn you,” was all I could write back.
8. When I first adopted my puppy, Chance, the dog refused to come into our hotel room for two weeks. I literally had to drag him in, or pick him up and carry him in. Then it occurred to me why this might be happening.
“Harold, Chance is a new member of our family. He’s going to live here with us, and you have to quit scaring him, and make him feel welcome.”
The next time we left and came back, Chance pranced into the room. He has never had a problem coming in since.
9. A woman saw a picture of Harold on Facebook and made a nasty comment about his appearance. The next morning she contacted me frantic. “Last night around midnight, I woke up and could feel Harold staring at me. I couldn’t move for 10 minutes,” she told me. “I was terrified, in fear for my life.”
10. I haven’t been immune from attack either. One night, on my Blog Talk radio show a friend called and asked about the doll. We talked and laughed about it. The next morning there were four long scratches on my left calf, and blood on my sheets.
11. A few days later, I put Harold back in a storage unit. The next day, Camille noticed a long bleeding gash on my left forearm. I took Harold back out of storage and he’s been out ever since that day.
12. In video I made of him using my HTC phone, a number of people, including myself, noticed that his lips are moving, almost as if he’s talking, mimicking what I’m saying!
13. The doll’s eyes are blue, but more than one person, including myself, have noticed that when the spirit that’s tethered to the doll is apparently angry, the doll’s eyes will appear to be black as coals for a few seconds.
14. I’ve only allowed two teams of investigators to examine the doll, because it is so dangerous. The first team consisted of cops. The two founding members spent about three hours with the doll. One of the investigators said that while he was listening to the recording of the investigation he heard “frightening EVPs,” and felt as though he were hit in the head with a baseball bat, and his back went out, causing him to fall to floor, unable to move for hours. They now REFUSE to have anything more to do with the doll or come anywhere near it.
These are just a FEW of many incidents and experiences involving the doll, since I’ve owned him.